Mello-Tonin is our version of melatonin, made with a proprietary fermentation process and comes in a convenient, fast-acting liquid form. Unlike other melatonin products derived from animals, Mello-Tonin is suitable for vegetarians. There are approximately 232 servings in each bottle making it very economical and affordable for everyone.
Why do we need to supplement with Mello-Tonin?
Melatonin is produced by several organs in the body, however, the greater quantity of daily melatonin required is produced at night by the pineal gland, which is located in the center of the brain behind the eyes. Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain. It helps regulate other hormones and maintains the body's circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is an internal 24-hour "clock" that plays a critical role in when we fall asleep and when we wake up. We naturally produce melatonin, but the amount is reduced as we get older. It is at night while we sleep that our body works best to repair and renew itself. Deep sleep is very important to our health and wellbeing.
Healthy melatonin levels are greatly reduced by the use of tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol. Also working the night shift, or having poor vision can affect the secretion of melatonin by the pineal gland. Natural sunlight and artificial light entering the retina of the eyes inhibits the pineal gland from secreting melatonin, and therefore melatonin from the pineal gland is only produced at night, in the absence of light. Many of us unknowingly interfere with this extremely important natural function of the body even at night, because of our exposure to “blue light”. Blue light is emitted from screens such as TV’s, cell phones, and computers, and drastically decreases our healthy melatonin levels. The wide-spread use of blue light screens at night has effected this generation in the reduction of melatonin more than any other time in history.
Melatonin is the most documented anti-aging therapy in the world. According to THE LIFE EXTENSION FOUNDATION their #1 recommended supplement is melatonin: “If we published all the new research findings about melatonin every month, there wouldn't be any room in LIFE EXTENSION MAGAZINE for anything else".
Melatonin is also a highly potent antioxidant known to protect us against neurological aging, and has been shown to extend the lifespan of laboratory animals.
Benefits of Melatonin:
- Helps support the body’s circadian rhythm
- Helps supports regulation of reproductive hormones
- Helps supports the immune system
- Helps support healthy eye function
- Helps reduce oxidative stress (free radical imbalance)
- Helps support restful sleep
- Helps support synthesis of important molecules
- Helps protect against electromagnetic radiation
- Helps support learning and memory
- Helps support the endocrine system
- Helps support weight management
- Helps support healthy aging
- Helps support normal inflammation
Interesting Facts About Melatonin:
- Darkness does not stimulate melatonin production. It permits melatonin production.
- Secretion and production of melatonin decreases with natural and artificial light.
- Jet lag, shift work, and poor vision can interfere with melatonin cycles.
- Caffeine, tobacco and alcohol can effect and lower levels of melatonin in the body.
- Young children have the highest levels of nighttime melatonin.
- Blue light emitted by TV’s, computers, and phones decrease melatonin levels.
***Note of caution: There are some people who should not take melatonin. All others should consider taking melatonin on a regular basis. Here are the conditions where melatonin might be contraindicated: pregnant women; children; people under the age of 30; people with seasonal affective disorders (SAD); people with acute schizophrenia; manic patients; possibly those with ovarian, or immune system cancers such as leukemia and lymphoma.
Suggested Use: Take 1/4 dropper (0.25 ml) just before sleep, or as directed by a health care professional. Shake gently before use.
Back to Top
Made exclusively for Basic Reset.
Copyright © 2018. All Liberties & Rights Reserved.